View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
2ndhandrose
under new management

"I see my life falling down around me, my health and looks declining, my interests and creativity and energy going by the wayside, all progress stalling. I get things done, but just barely. Almost everything that was beautiful and deep and real has been replaced by an endless round of thinking about wine, regretting wine, buying wine, drinking wine, hiding wine, disposing of wine, recovering from wine and repeating. Over and over. Day after day. Early morning appointments? No way. Projects languish. Piles accumulate. I used to have interests and hobbies and talents and joys. They've been replaced by drinking. On the outside, I think most people would have no idea. But I know how miserable and small my life has become. And yet I can't stop myself."

Welcome, tealily

This was me, just substitute vodka. Many of us here believed we couldn't manage getting sober, until we did.

I started like you, lurking. Not posting, just reading. But once I started to involve myself in this generous community, posting and responding, it really made a difference to me on a more personal level. I started to take on the bountiful wisdom, as it pertained to me.

I hope to see you around we get it.