View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Hi TL. Welcome. Lonely existence, huh? Know it only too well. I do AA meetings- for the connection. Being a 'closet drinker' this may seem fearful to you- but you have an awareness this habit is becoming an uncontrollable addiction. I need regular face to face support- with AA. SMART is good also. Perhaps if isolating and feeling 'a bit depressed' you might consider seeing a counsellor. I lost everything because I drank more and more- behind the façade of being normal. SR is an excellent resource as well. However sharing and listening to others in person- who understand, do not judge has been a gamechanger for me. Lots believe such support groups are only for die hard gutter drinkers- god beating fanatics...NO. Some are- but no more than any other group of people. Having a sponsor - though is good, a mentor or a guide to talk to and share when feeling alone and isolated. I HAD HUNDREDS OF DAY 1'S. iT REQUIRED ME TO BREAK THE CYCLE BY TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT- EVEN THO I DID NOT WANT TO. iT MEANT LISTENING WHAT WORKED FOR OTHERS.
empathy AND SUPPORT TO YOU, pj . oops caps lock, do that.