Old 05-20-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tuna1981

Originally Posted by least View Post
If it were me, I would not marry her until/unless she gets sober. Her drinking will drag you down. You can let go, or be dragged.

She is displaying classic alcoholic traits, blaming you for her drinking. And as time goes on, it will only get worse. How much are you willing to tolerate?

I feel like I put up with a lot. I know I'm not perfect and I know I may over react about it too much but she just doesn't see my side of it. I guess they never do (I grew up with an alc/addict step father). She has been to her pastor and tried to seek help but I think it was more for me and she wanted to make me think she really wanted to quit. She promised me she would never touch it again and 3 days later would be at the bottom of the bottle again. I'm stuck in a hard place. If I bitch she throw in my face about how I don't love her anymore or don't want to be with her. If I let it be, I sometimes don't even want to go home after work bc I don't know what I'm gonna come home too. I love her, I want to be there for her but my stress level is maxed out and I feel like a ***** if I just walk away and not be there to try and help her. Yes I understand I can't make her change and she has to want to but it a damn hard