View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hugs Meg

I have been working a program for about 5 years. I'm just a slow learner I guess. The 4 years before I came here, I built a foundation and learned to work the steps and learned about codependency, enabling, detaching, boundaries and all that other good stuff. I went to a meeting once a week, and worked with a wonderful she-devil sponsor who has a heart of gold.

But this past year, I have learned how to "live" my program. All the things that seemed like hard work and confused me became clear and simple.

Like most things in my life, I did the easy stuff first, and that was a good start, but it is when I was willing to dig deeper, to face truth, to know myself and to do what I knew was "right" even when it was hard, it was then that I became free and happy.
And I didn't do it alone. My Higher Power was right beside me all the way, and today I feel His presence no matter how bad things get.

I continue my promise to newcomers, that if you work a program the best you can (it's about progress not perfection), and if you stick with it when the going gets tough, that your days will become beautiful once again. And you're worth it!!!!