View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Interesting timing amp on your Outlook of problems and showing kindness.

I just listened to a speech by this guy I've been following, Dr. Wayne Dyer. The segment was how spirituality is the answer to every problem. He explains how the Ego is the one that creates its own problems, and obstacles for that matter. Some people are weighed down greatly by their problems, run by their ego. Others are able to focus on their spiritual side and it's those folks who don't see problems. Only opportunities.

Now spirituality, as he describes it, is being connected with your source. The energy where we came from before we took the bodies we are in today.

I never really saw myself "exisiting" before I was born, or see myself existing after I die. Still don't have a grasp of that. How could we have population growth if spirits are recycled? So many questions.

But the other day I saw a mother bird teaching its baby how to fly. I love seeing that. It made me ask myself, and eventually Google, do birds remember their parents? Do they visit once in a while?

The answer is mostly no. Although some birds can recognize their parents later in life, the majority of them don't. It's like they exist only in the now. They don't recall the past, nor do they anticipate or fear the future. There's just the now. And for migrating birds, just a strong "need" to fly south, that's my interpretation anyway.

So if animals are living in the now, so are we. The difference is, we have egos and memories. Anyway... Deep stuff. I simply love listening to this guy.

On the kindness front, during this same speech, he referenced mother Theresa during a lesson about showing kindness despite the environment, or others attitudes. She went on to say that when we show love, others will show hate, but to show love anyway. When we live a life of abundance, others will be jealous, but to live in abundance anyway. When we show beauty, others will point out ugly, but to show beauty anyway. When we see ourselves as good, others will point out our flaws, be good anyway. Because at the end of the day, our final analysis is with God and ourselves. It's never with other people anyway.