View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bird615
I could see peace instead of this

I stopped going completely after a long period sober, lost contact with all my support people and gradually began neglecting to use the program in my life. My thinking began to revert to its old ways and my attitude became more and more negative. Eventually I convinced myself that it would be okay to try drinking again.

I had to go back to meetings to get sober again and then attended regularly for a while until I got back on my feet. Now I don't go again, but I do visit SR regularly throughout my day and live a life which includes applying my 12-step program's ideas along with other spiritual principles. I make sure I never forget where I came from and what I could go back to if I fail to stay on track.

Sometimes cutting back or taking a short break can be helpful, or even finding a different group. There's nothing that says you need to attend daily, although that early in sobriety, regular attendance can be very important. Maybe look at exactly why you are so sick of meetings. The point is to be able to stay on track and keep working the program in your life and without a solid foundation and support, that can be extremely difficult.