Thread: New, Hello.
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
TotallyTuckered

My child is oppositional/defiant, which goes along with his ADHD. 'Regular' consequences are not effective. We have been down that road and it's not done anything but him shutting the door on us. I understand your position and respectfully tell you that we have seen all matter of professionals in terms of how we deal with him and everything we've done has been under the care of people who understand our child.

He has a court date upcoming and I have been in contact with the school officer as he is a really great human. I send him updates on my son and he now as this most recent increase in his drug use and will make sure the Crown has the information.

We are very active in the background, but at this point I need the courts to mandate treatment and counseling. I have been giving the information they need to ensure that he hopefully gets what he needs.

The bottom line is that, he is still trying to do school and he is still telling us where he is and is trying to do things right. If I strong arm him that will stop everything. I am attempting to reinforce what he is doing that is working while in the background getting as many supports in place to help him find his way.

I am so vitally aware of my child's risk of OD. Short of locking him in the house I am not in control of that.

And now that I am done defending myself and choices I'll just lurk as it feels safer.

Thank you for what support I received today.