Thread: New, Hello.
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TotallyTuckered

New, Hello.

It's 2:19am and my 15 year old son is away again for the night. I know he is high on Xanax as I pillaged his Facebook account. We are on month 5 of things going crazy but pills are a new to us addition. And I am up and although I'm not religious I have been praying for the past few hours to wake up and see a text from him in the morning.

He has been running wild for months and our support group for troubled teens is big on letting them learn from experience. Drug addiction has been my fear for a while and I feel like we are there although he would say I'm overreacting and everything is fine. We have been working on creating a home that is safe and respectful, it has helped our interactions a great deal... But as I see is common, no amount of love or words is changing this course. Not even his friends are seemingly impacting him. But it's hard to be in his head so who knows.

As I type I pillaged his Facebook account I see that as slightly nuts but being new to this journey and reading the stickies I guess these are the early crazy days. He won't go to any counseling or get any help, although he knows it's available whenever he is wanting it.

I guess I just wanted to say hello and am praying for courage as this continues to unfold. As we are early days, if anyone has things we could look at to assist him or us, I am open to read it.

Thank you.