View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
That poor guy, I pray he finds his way before the choice to quit is taken away from him (death). Your description in the OP sounds like hell on earth. Hang in there FO, I know this is eating at you.
He went to the ER last night after the cops were called. They already discharged him, sent him packing with Librium. He's shaking and sweating and not far from another round of the hardcore DTs.... temporary measure. Last night was in a blind rage.

Looking at the possibility of petitioning him to hospitalization - but he may be smart enough to beat that anyway....

Tried talking him into getting into a 28-day program... he says what good will it do, then he'd just come out homeless and get drunk again. He claims that he was evaluated and not offered any services or help. His caseworkers won't divulge anything to me because of privacy laws. Can't tell what the real story is on any front and left feeling helpless....

just sucks. Kid's gonna ride this cycle right into the ground and it seems like he's not honest or lucid enough to leverage the resources that could help him - nobody can help him get help because of privacy laws, last remaining option may be to initiate involuntary treatment but he could probably talk his way out of that.

Trust me folks.... you don't want to ride the cycle until it gets to this point.....

It's heartbreaking. Tragic.