Old 05-15-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hangnbyathread

OK I'm gonna just say this about the whole right to privacy thing. When you're dealing with a manipulative ConMan the last thing you need is lack of proof of their actions. My ex went to GREAT lengths to hide what was going on. And when they think you are on to them they use the whole right to privacy thing.

Look, if you're in a relationship with someone that includes living or finances or kids or work etc together, I'm sorry but I think there is a certain RIGHT TO KNOW aspect to them. My partner has a RIGHT TO KNOW where I am if I'm not at home and its 2AM. Or if I say I am supposed to do something and come up with an excuse as to why it didn't happen. You have a RIGHT to know what and who your minor child is doing or seeing. A RESPONSIBILITY I'd argue.

I knew my ex was up to something. However if you do things their way, you'll stay a mushroom forever. A mushroom is live in the dark and eat CRAP to live.

Left up to them, we would be a mushroom forever. If they have lost your trust by you becoming suspicious, I'm sorry but they need to be transparent in their actions to you before you can gain trust back.

I'm not suggesting that we have a right to pry into matters that don't include us. But all of this B/S they put us through....IS INCLUDING US.

Once I knew something was up, I placed tracking devices on my vehicles that she used. I had a web monitor that I installed that tracked online traffic over the home WI-FI. I looked at calls she made on phones that were on MY account. I don't regret doing any one of them!

Once they gave me all I needed to know, I was absolutely CERTAIN that I was no longer just suspicious. I was now CERTAIN. Once certain it is much much easier to make an orderly plan on how to end things.

I'm sorry if some of ya'll don't agree. But lots of us here become mushrooms because we are so worried that we will pry and get yelled at.

Stop being mushrooms.

As soon as I asked my XAGF who she was texting at 11:30 at night and 5AM. And she became enraged I could be so disrespectful to check on her actions......and then she LIED as to who those text were to. And she got busted. But it was all about me violating HER privacy. Never minds she was having an affair. That isn't what I was supposed to focus on.

Within a day she went out and got a new phone claiming it to be a "WORK PHONE". Another lie.

You get to do things more your way when you KNOW the truth...........no matter how you came by it.