Old 05-14-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Shitzupuppy
Maladaptive

I am finishing day 20. Last week, I had headaches too, which I normally never get and slept about 2 days. I guess enough of us do that, it seems a normal part of the process.

I haven't been posting much, but I'm reading threads all the time. My AV has been quiet. Just plodding along here. I haven't gone to any AA meetings but registered on the Smart site. Although I don't really feel connected to that site like this one. I've been to AA in the past but didn't like them. Frankly I don't like talking to stangers about my issues.

Family and friends are really supportive. Outside of wife, I',ve only told one person the real reason (others get general health and weight as reason).

Keep strong everyone!

Originally Posted by Tertor View Post
Hi Pianoman,
I had a non-stop headache until maybe two days ago. I still feel terrible but the headache went away. I am on day 28. I also have felt really flu-y and even missed a couple days of work last week because I was so exhausted I was non functional. I slept for those two days. I share your question...not sure if this is/was still withdrawal or if it is some wicked flu. I just know I feel great spiritually, emotionally and mentally but I continue to feel terrible physically after almost a month of sobriety. I am really convinced that this is my body trying to heal itself from all the toxins I dumped in it and that as they leave my body, they are making me feel like crap. I have no medical knowledge or evidence to support this theory! Lol. It does help keep me from picking up again though..as in.."What have you done to yourself.?You are not putting this poison in your body ever again!" So even if it is the longest flu in history, it is keeping me sober!