View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
people who tend towards sociopathy will want to go it alone and even shun external relationships. Different strokes, everyone is different, and it's independent of addiction recovery, it's who we are.
Oh my, this is a first, I've never been called a sociopath before! Yes, I did 'go it alone' when quitting alcohol, after the initial input from SR AVRTers. But crikey, because I'm a 'go it aloner' I'm branded a sociopath? Have you read the definition of a sociopath? Ouch, it hurts, lol.

I just have to quietly laugh and smile. Prior to becoming addicted to alcohol, I had a wide social circle and was empathetic to others, often to my detriment. When I became addicted, I shunned and withdrew from my social network. Since stopping drinking forever (without an unecessary ongoing AV support or defence system - my alcohol seeking drive is well and truly powerless) I'm attempting to rebuild my social network and practise my empathy.

To accuse someone who has stopped drinking by 'going it alone' as being a sociopath, is ridiculous and for me, couldn't be further from the truth.

PS. I haven't welded your words, just quoted them verbatim.