View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CreativeThinker

Hi Asix,

Sorry you're struggling. I see you've had success in the past at getting sober...3 yrs is outstanding! If you've been able to find sobriety in the past, you can do it again! You can get back what you had by simply not drinking today.

As I'm sure you already know, having a plan and making changes is the key to digging ourselves out for good. Trust me, I've relapsed too many times to count. What I realized is that I never really had a solid plan for my recovery, hence the relapses.

One of the tools I use is regular exercise. It not only helps me to stay on track, but I feel less anxiety and depression. I don't always feel like working out...but as soon as I'm out the door, my attitude changes and I'm off. Not once have I finished a long powerwalk and wished I hadn't done it. Everyone has their own tools, but I noticed in one of your previous posts that you mentioned that you wanted to start working out again. Just do it Asix...you will feel so much better!

Did you go to AA the last time you found sobriety? What worked before? Think of what worked, what didn't work and move forward with your plan. I know you can do this if you put everything you've got into it!

Big hugs!