Old 05-12-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
seek

It's more than acupressure, but I'm not sure if that is because my practitioner is also a clinical therapist - my background is also in psychology, and I have tried many, many modalities, but this one really helped.

Your issue is different, for sure. Your poor mom - how horrible - but a good reminder what can happen to us if we "enable."

My mom lived to be almost 97 and I managed her care for 11 years. It wore me out, but glad I was able to survive!

My problem is that I "love" this alcoholic. I think detaching is much easier if you don't love them!

I started paying attention to the AA dictates about "HALT," and noticed when I get tired I start getting depressed.

The alcoholic in my life has "gone dark, " which means he is probably drunk - on a bender . . . so worrisome, cuz he could be dead, and I would have no idea.

I am going to check the jail web site after this.

One thing that bothered me tonight was thinking what would happen if he drives drunk and hurts someone else. That is a really painful thought. Using LOA, I "should" not be thinking that and I know better than to dwell on stuff like that, but it does cross my mind and then makes me feel bad.

I also love the beach and nature - I live two blocks from the beach, so I am very lucky in that way.

Thanks for sharing with me what works for you to enjoy life and be happy - please say more, if the spirit moves you because I need all of the ideas I can get about how to occupy my mind. I tend to be obsessive, and especially about him and his health and well-being (because I helped raise him and was very invested in his health - and now, throughout his "recovery," I have been a main support person. I am currently quite pissed that he indulged himself and basically said F You to all of us who love him . . . hope he is okay. I do pray during these times (otherwise, no - it is too exhausting) - I ask that he be protected and also pray that I will heal and be able to function - have no idea who I am praying to - don't believe in a traditional "God" - do call on angels, but don't know if I really believe in anything like that anymore. I do it because it seems to put me in a higher vibration where things feel more hopeful - but I am not sure why.

One thing I am very happy about is I used to have prophetic dreams - I asked that those be removed, because they were so disturbing, and I haven't had any and I am so grateful for that. I don't want to know when he is relapsing before the fact. TMI