Old 05-12-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sasha1972

Thanks again. I've reconnected with the counsellor that my daughter saw for a short time when her father started going off the deep end. They had a very good rapport. Unfortunately she doesn't have any openings until the beginning of June, but I'm going to wait for that instead of trying to get her in sooner with someone she doesn't know.

I also do need to have a longer talk with her in the next couple of days - which will be challenging as she's one of those preteens who doesn't want to hear about anything awkward ever. I've spoken to the parent who alerted the staff when her father showed up drunk, and this parent says that her father was stumbling and staggering and unable to put a sentence together - in other words very visibly drunk.

So I need to reinforce to her that if someone who's drunk wants you to do something, you don't have to do that thing. She has tools for these situations, like the "x-plan" we worked out, but didn't use them. This makes me even more concerned for her spending time with him, because I'm not confident that she would extract herself from dangerous situations.