View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
atalose

The guy said there would be a family conference call later in the process. You think those are not helpful? I can't imagine what that call would be like, honestly.
I do think they can be helpful, helpful for YOU in stating your feelings and boundaries. I think it’s much easier over the phone then in person. But I think before that phone call you need to be very clear with yourself on what your boundaries are and where you’d like to see your own recovery in say 30 days from now.

I told him that I would be here and had no plans of leaving if he truly got into recovery.
What does that entail for you? What does “truly into his recovery” look like to you? Do you have a specific time frame in mind to gauge that by? 1 month? 3 months? 1 year?

As for your own recovery and all that built up anger, resentment and ego bruising, what are your plans to work through all of those emotions instead of carrying them around with you?

If there is one consistent common denominator with addicts returning from rehab it is exactly what TiredDad said…I should have been doing more to focus on repairing and preparing myself. By not working on me I let myself trust to soon. Trusting to soon! And NOT working on us.