View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CanadianRose

Rehab wants me involved?

I'll be darned, a counselor called me from AH's rehab. Super nice guy, had a great convo. He wanted to let me know that he's doing well and is settling in. He gave me his number, email address and the psychiatrist's email address in case I wanted to let them know anything about my AH that may have contributed to his addiction developing or relapse. I told them that I could probably fill pages, lol, but I expected it was vital that he be open with them and willing to share. I said that if they had any questions that they were welcome to contact me.

I have no idea what my role is supposed to be. I didn't think I had much of a role in his rehab and I'm not sure I'm supposed to, but these people have qualifications that I don't and know more than I do. I couldn't have imagined sending this nice man all kinds of personal information about my husband...it would seem weird to me. Is it? I mean, if he's not open and willing to bare his soul a bit, he isn't going to be in recovery regardless of what I tell them. I was just surprised that they asked.

Is this normally what they do? Lord I would feel weird, like I was gossiping about him if I shared stuff I know. Violating his privacy even.