View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
HTown
2/2016

Work, well we are all expected to do way more with less. Less resources, less people. And maybe it is just me, but it seems most of my teammates are willing to throw anyone they can under the bus. I suppose with layoffs and the economy, it makes people more fearfull. I have been really unhappy at work a few months now, they moved me to a new team that sucks and the hours are incredibly long. I started a mandatory task at 11:00 p.m. the other night, I started my day at 7:00 a.m. I am effectively living my job and nothing else it seems some days.

Yes, the stress is bad, no one likes change (except babies and their diapers) and it is hard to change, at least it is for me. Sounds like the change of location a year out bugs you and it is a year away. It is the fear of the unknown I think. loss of control. At least it is for me. Being such a controlling person, I am suprised I am such a drunk, but I think it let me finally let go and quieted the voices in my head to be in control, to acheive, to well whatever.

Like the others mentioned, I had to look forward to new things, I changed up my routine. Maybe I went to the bookstore after work. Or started on a puzzle. Or went straight to a movie after work during the week. The fact is, the alcohol was adding to the stress in my life, not lessening it. Once I fully embraced that thought, really believed it, I realized what a dead end a glass of wine was after work.