View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nikkabean326

Dealing with work stresses while sober..

So - I don't have a very stressful job. In fact - I'm writing this post while at work. Every once in a while though, something will happen and I'll find myself fuming inside and my immediate thought is, "I can't wait for a glass of wine tonight."

How do you deal with work stresses as they come and not reach for that bottle? I haven't done so yet, but I've been tested a couple of times. Most of my stresses comes from people unnecessarily CC'ing someone in an e-mail as an eff you to me. Other's involve my division moving to a different building and my department which literally houses just myself will be moved away from my team to sit with the conglomerate of dealer support representatives from the CEO's other five companies. It's pretty stressful. I've been with these people for 2 years - by the time the move happens it'll be 3 years. I just don't see how it will work since we all work so closely together. I shouldn't get myself worked up.. this is happening next year.

So - I guess I should say how do you deal with life's changes as they come without feeling the need to medicate with booze or whatever you poison might be?

In any case.. Day 17 for myself. Been having some wicked morning headaches lately. I don't know if that's from my body wanting alcohol?

Have a nice day, everyone.