Old 05-08-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi all!

Carlos - It sounds like JG really enjoys your company, and shows it with kind, sweet actions. You can't go wrong with an impromptu dinner invitation!!

Stargazer - Your hours sound very taxing and demanding. I've found that things that exhausted me when I first got sober don't bother me as much as they used to though.

Courage - I've been using your tool to think about the inner life of the people who I typically let bother me/ wreck my serenity. I did it a lot on Sunday at a daylong lacrosse tournament.

Fbl - You are a terrific brother. I admire that you are truly "there" for your family.

Del - Wow, you have so much going on. A supportive sponsor would be ideal, but I think that even one who's less hands on could help you work through the steps.

Your life sounds complicated right now and you sound so overwhelmed. First things first. First, let go of what you can't control. Your ex, his decisions.

Then, focus on what you can. Make a list of what you need to do. Take things one at a time. Some of those things you can attend to right away, and other things will take more time.

A quick win is calling your doctor and pharmacy to straighten out your prescriptions. You need medication to be healthy.

Reach out to your lawyers. Write the email you need to send. Set up an appointment to find out what support you can reasonably demand from your ex.

Take some time to strategize about other employment options. This will take some time and effort. It won't all straighten out overnight.

You're making great progress as seen by your choice to keep on keeping on instead of saying eff it. You can do this. One day at a time.