View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Wholesome

I can't stand interacting with drunk people anymore...... my bf recently accused me of not being affectionate like I used to be, but the truth, which I pointed out to him, is that it's only when he's been drinking. I can hear it in his voice and smell it on him and I find it to be a real turn off. At the wedding I got trapped in a few conversations with drunk people and I just had no patience for it. Makes me cringe to think of how many people had that impression of me when I used to drink...... I'm embarrassed and I'm relieved that it's over and I don't behave that way anymore.

I will meet new people and it will happen naturally. I find that now that I don't have all that alcohol induced anxiety and tendency to isolate I'm much more outgoing and friendly and approachable. I've never been the type of person who had lots of friends, I know lots of people but I'm not close with them all. I prefer to have just a few who I'm really close with so I need that connection with a new sober girlfriend, but it has to happen organically, it can't be forced. I'm alright with being a bit of a lone wolf for awhile. I like my own company and I have quite a few hobbies to occupy my time and I have my children and my dog and my boyfriend.

My boat will go in the water soon...... I'm worried that now that I don't drink I won't like the boat. There's a lot of drinking that goes on at the marina and out on the water. I'm going to give it this season and if I find that I don't like having to tolerate other people's alcoholism then I will sell it. It's a damn expensive hobby, although it will be cheaper now that I won't be spending a $100 a weekend on beer. Or maybe it's just that I only noticed the people who were drinking like I did and there's a whole different group of non-drinkers who I just never met because they didn't gravitate towards me because of how I drank.......