View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
CanadianRose

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
UGH. i am so sorry you have so much insanity to deal with. i'm glad you had some good time with the step-D, that poor kid.

your AH is being a complete self-absorbed jackass. you did the right thing, the ONLY thing....refusing him access to the house and kids if he's going to get high. his mind is far far away from the life right in front of him. now seeking other ways to get high - synthetic pot has been around and it's nothing to mess with. but he's turned into a "more" monster.

it's ok to be angry. VERY angry. not all of his actions can just be written off to the disease. and he "could" be taking steps NOW to deal.

so i guess plan B and maybe C remain in place? even IF he gets on the plane, that is no guarantee he's going to get into recovery and stay there. even IF he completes treatment, coming right back home is probably not the best idea. he has some "proving" to do. in my opinion anyways....

does he have his suitcase and plane ticket?
The synthetic pot is my ex husband's thing. That's my kids' father. So I have another thing to worry about. Good, because I was really lacking in that area, lol.

Yeah, self-absorbed jackass is the perfect description. Along with a number of other epithets that I've come up with as I sit here. I know that someone in active addiction is by nature selfish, but good lord, is he looking to win a prize or something? He has been a self-absorbed jackass with me lately, but I think watching him behave that way around his kid REALLY got to me. I don't know if it's just that he just doesn't have the coping skills to refuse a craving right now or he is doing that last hurrah and got his daughter out of the way early so that he could plan it. I mean, he didn't give a damn about my two kids being here during his romance with crack this evening, so screw him. No, this was planned. Gee, sounds like he really wants help, doesn't it? What, does he think that rehab is going to perform some magic spell on him to make him really want to quit? Like they can "fix" him and until then he just gets to behave like an addict who doesn't give a crap about anything?

I had been thinking that, whether or not he should actually come home after rehab. And though his suitcase is mostly packed and I have seen the plane ticket, I am far from certain that he's boarding that plane tomorrow. Well whatever, he needs that suitcase packed anyway. Him using again was my dealbreaker. I guess since he's got rehab lined up, he figures he can get away with it without me enforcing that boundary. I tell you, right now I don't want to be married to this person. I don't know what he did with my husband, but I do miss that man. Maybe if he doesn't come out of this, I'll have a private fake funeral for the man I married so that I can get some fake closure.

Hee hee, how did you know I had a Plan C too? Plan B is my first choice, Plan C is my fallback. I even have a Plan D just in case. I am not helpless, thank goodness.