View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Fusion

Hi Spryte, I found that sobriety provides freedom to pursue other activities, really frees up valuable time, that previously I previously wasted......getting wasted! Do you intend to continue yoga?

Hi Jaynie, thank you for your encouragement, I do hope the right horse finds me. As a teenager, one of my horses was a nightmare, and a vet's dream. Forever unsound, it was masked well when we bought him, two vet's opinions; still, he was the sweetest character. I'm really pleased for your daughter. I had my first pony aged 5, then always had a horse until mid-twenties. They were the happiest days of my life, gave me courage and confidence,, I do hope your daughter will, likewise benefit in many ways. Sadly, the last horse went as a pursued my career (yuk) the previous occasional wine drinking, developed into stress-relief and ultimately full-blown addiction, once I left the position.

Zen, you are amazingly awesome! I'm so impressed with your report upon your friend's wedding. The positive change in your mindset, and your growth and development of this new non-drinking life, is tangible through your posts on SR. My fervent hope is that as time elapses and as you continue to evolve, and blossom, you'll develop another network of friends, who have viewpoints more in line with your current ones.

I have an old friendship which at nine months abstinent. I have outgrown, it only serves to frustrate me. My friend is still stuck in the drinking quagmire I've left. We rarely met, but had mammoth long-distance phone call contact. We'd spend hours on the phone, glass hand, bottle beside, breaks to open another bottle. Putting the world to rights, rehashing the past,, worrying about the future. My mindset has dramatically changed, the past is consigned to history and the future I cannot predict, so I have nothing to add to the conversation, I simply ohhh, ahhh, oh dear, how awful. I don't know how to end these phone calls., without offending her, she doesn't notice that I've stopped participating, Ishe chats away....think I was only ever a sounding board.