View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Wholesome

So the wedding went well yesterday! I was totally chill about not drinking, wasn't bothered by it at all and had a lovely time. My speech was awkward, I hate public speaking, and this drunk girl interrupted me while I was speaking up at the mic and it just threw me and I lost my momentum and started blushing so I wrapped it up quick. I stayed until it was just the heavy drinkers left..... my friend (the bride) said when I was saying my goodbyes that she hates that I wasn't going to be one of the last people there with her like I used to be and I told her that I'm sorry but I'm just done with drinking. I've changed but everyone else has stayed the same so the relationships are different now.

Last night feels like turning a corner for me. I was anxious about being around my old crew and alcohol but now I know those situations only have power over me if I allow them too. If I believe it will be a problem then I will experience it that way, but if I believe everything will be fine and that I can handle it and be cool about it then it that's the way it will be. And it was