Old 05-06-2017, 03:56 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Ah yes- soccer mums.
C2- I think working out history - in context is important. Like- my little leader met the good ool' leader guy. You know- who hung up on him (my guy), got his name wrong- then delayed their first meeting?? So to work out historical stuff- helps me understand why the hell I do not understand. Also the huge fuss for cico mayo. A Mexican victory over French, which had an influence on the civil war (US), the slave trade and the decline of Spanish influence. I was intrigued by the coverage of this in your N-Yorker and Wash- Post. Their angle was - it is not about getting pissed. Festivals, holiday celebrations- say something about a society.
There is a huge fuss in media here- because a young, muslim woman 9journo) who wear really outrageously lovely colours- tweeted on the most sacred of Australian Public holidays, 'RIP Nauru'..and several other places linked with refugees trying to get to Australia. Everything from historical context, to refuree rights,muslim women in society and violence, multiculturalism, ;the spirit of ANZAC' ...I could dribble on for hours- but the history of each interesting, misleading- conversation generating comment made, defines us as a people.+