View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreedomCA

Checking in on Day 5

Felt like checking in. So after my cruise vacation in which I relapsed and lost my 5.5 months, I did have 9 days and then slipped, and then 5 days and slipped. Here I am back at Day 5. Both of my slips happened on my off days with my husband, so I now have realized I need a plan for Sundays and Mondays when I am off with him. This same thing happened prior to me having the 5.5 months, in which I would stay sober and eventually slip on an off day, but I now finally feel strong enough and with a plan to get through Sunday and Monday without drinking. The other change I have added to my plan is working the 12 steps again with an online workbook. Also, my parents are finally back from their vacation, and they are a huge source of support for my sobriety, and so I now have them back. It's amazing how low I felt 5 days ago, as I felt I wasn't going to make it back and the despair was setting in. Now with 5 days and a plan I feel hope again in my life and optimistic that I can do this again. What an emotional rollercoaster I have been on during the past month!