View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
viola71

Mary go round and round and round

AH was not drinking for several weeks, things were slowly creeping in a positive direction for all 4 of us. He was going to AA and an addiction counselor working through his feelings. Animosity was starting to lift he even stated you have been so much lighter, friendlier and happier. Then a comment here or there about when he may be able to drink again. Same old radar went off and less than 2 weeks later came home to find him drinking one beer. One beer wouldn't scare a normie but we all know what it really is. It's jdenial, justification rebellion etc. So I sit here sleepless with 2 dogs and my daughter in a hotel room waiting to drive her to her SAT in the morning realizing how sick his thoughts really are. I think it would be easier had he never actually stopped. He took all the work he had done to rebuild trust and peed all over it, then tried to justify his actions and he wasn't even drunk that's what really got me. He wasn't actually drunk that's his thinking. How long have I been in this coma???