Thread: I am a mess
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Amanda05

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Sorry to hear you drank Amanda, it won't make any of your problems better...they will likely get worse actually, but you probably already know that. Perhaps the best move with your mother is to simply cut her out of your life for a while. Toxic relationships don't help anyone involved, so taking a break might be best for a but. More importantly though, what are you going to do to stay sober tomorrow?
Yes I think you are right regarding time away from my mum. I have done it in the past and we didn't talk for a couple of years and then we patched things up. She does make me mad though and I shrug it off and say well that's how my mum is but to be honest it's been killing me inside since I was 14 and I am now 43.... go figure!

Now my dad has died I just feel even more messed up. Then when I finally thought my life had turned around, sober, partner in life and 2 beautiful kids my son has special needs, my partner left because he had anger issues and couldn't cope with my sons melt downs. I am finding it so hard and always say to myself, you pathetic woman-get a grip there are worser things going on in the world but it never hits home. Need a hammer to my head. Sometimes I just think the best thing for everyone would be to take the holy train out of here but then that's a cop out.

As for staying sober tomorrow. I need to get to a meeting. I hate the ones by me, so clicky and everyone is quick to exit all the time. I stood and waited the last meeting and not one person approached me. Maybe I was giving off the wrong vibe as I felt really embarrassed and uncomfortable.