View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nikkabean326

I need a plan for tonight.

So - it's Friday and I'm on day #12.

Last night after work I wanted a glass of wine or a beer. It was a stressful day. It was busy and a meeting that lasted an hour and a half at the end of the night revealed just how poorly the company is doing this year. When I got home, I verbally announced that I wanted a drink and talked it over with my boyfriend. It felt good to not hold it in and be honest.

Today he is out of the house for the day visiting some friends in Manhattan. Two weeks ago my normal Friday routine would be to already have wine chilling in the fridge. I would come home and pour a glass the second I got settled in for the evening. The drinking wouldn't stop until the bottle, no matter how large, was gone. Depending on the size (and if I wasn't blacking out yet) I'd move towards the hard liquors and beer.

My Friday night story is going to be different tonight. I don't have a plan per se, but I know I won't drink. If anything I plan on starting The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu when I get home. I'll do a little pampering.. tinkering around at my vanity and doing a face mask. Self care kind of evening to get me through.

Here's to handling day #12 like a boss and sliding into #13.

Hope you all are doing well.