View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
inplainview

Pretty big deal, (to me anyway)

I went to a rehearsal dinner last night for my sister-in-laws upcoming wedding on Sunday. With the open bar, I could smell the alcohol permeate the room. Everyone was very drunk. I ordered 3 club sodas and cranberry juice. No one even picked up on the fact that I wasn't drinking because I always had a 'drink' in my hand! It was very tempting with the open bar and all of my relatives getting hammered but I made it through.

The one thing I am worried about is during the actual wedding, I KNOW that the groom is going to try to get me to do shots because I am in the wedding party. I am thinking of just telling him that I am not feeling well? Maybe I''m on medication or something? It's gonna be tough because I am known as the 'big drinker' in the family always down for whatever is put in my hand.

Anyways, it's been 15 days and I feel awesome. My Dr. said I look great and my blood pressure is wayyy down. I also have an appt with a therapist next week who specializes in addictions. So hopefully that will help. Fingers crossed.