View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
freetosmile2
and smile, I will :)

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
freetsmile....if my memory serves me right..don't you live right across from the sheriff's office?...and you know the sheriff's wife? And, didn't they have to give you support at one other time?.....
Don't assume that he has snowed everybody...the community probably knows all about him (small town grape vine).
I am so glad that you are willing to call the DV center. They can help you with your planning and help you find a support group....I know you have a counselor..which is really a good thing. But, there is the power of the group dynamics which is so vital.....
Yep, the sherrif does know AH has a bad side to him. So does AH's general contractor that he does work for. So , you're right, people do know he's an alcoholic and can get nasty from time to time.
The sherrif would show up if I needed him. It's just absolutely HUMILIATING...,but for safety's sake, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I've got no real excuse to keep this man around, that's for sure.

I mean, I can spell it out anyway I choose, but it still reeks of abuse all over the place and if one of my friends told me that THEIR husband had said some of the stuff that MY hubs has said...I'd tell them they were absolutely insane to stay.

The past year has been all nusing school. I lived it, breathed it, dreamed it. Didn't have time to deal with AH or his BS. So I just ignored it. I just cried before school and tried to suck it up so that I could focus on my exams, my clinicals, my learning.

Now, I'm pretty much done. I don't have to worry to much about the finals. I mean, I still need to study, but I'm doing well enough that it would take a grade in the low 60s on my final exams to push me below passing. And that isn't likely to happen. I'm actually a pretty damn good nurse, if I don't say so myself! My experience as an LPN has really helped me with this program.

So, now that it's over, it's back to the grind on getting out of this mess. I really do hope that he finds sobriety and peace and the whole nine yards, but I just don't think it's gonna be with me. I can't afford the continuous set backs and name calling and all that jazz that AA can't fix....