View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
freetosmile2
and smile, I will :)

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
freetosmile....I don't remember if this was ever recommended to you.....the book:
"Why does He DoThat? (Inside The Minds of Angry and Controlling Men), by Lundy Bancroft.
You can get it on Amazon....and at low cost for used book. I think that you will recognize a lot in it. Even if you have read it before...it would be good to re-read it. again.
If you order it....I suggest having it sent to a different address...and be careful not to let him see you reading it. I think, that if you have a kindle..that would be best (safest).
I agree, that an abuse support group would be best for you...because those are people who understand, beyond words, what you have/are experiencing.....
Yes, dandy, my local DV gave me a copy of that book. Bancroft does a wonderful job at putting things out there that are easier to understand. I've been reading it off and on here..haven't gotten though the whole thing. Nursing school has just robbed me of any life outside school what-so-ever.

great read though.

I feel like I'm empowered now, more than ever. Things that I've really been working hard for have all been coming into place. That's a real confidence booster right there.

It's just this ONE thing. It's my damn marriage. I literally am running around in circles getting NOTHING accomplished even though I've worked so hard to try to fix fix fix it!

I won't file the continuance. Even if I have to use the excuse "it just slipped my mind", I won't file.

Life has to move on from this. I'm tired of the same old games, the same old rounds of hurt feelings and make up intimacy...it's fake and it's just not cutting it anymore. It's just gotta be like this.

So...no...no continuance. It's just another way back to dysfunction..for BOTH of us, not just him. I'm taking responsibility for my part in this too.