View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
jaynie04

Spryte...have fun yoga-ing!

Zen, I am in awe of you with the guitar lessons. I took some lessons a few years ago and it was way more difficult than I envisioned. It gave me a whole new appreciation for the talent. I watched LALAland with my daughter the other day when she was home sick. Apparently Ryan Gosling learned to play the piano like that in under a year.

Tatsy, I think you will find the horse that has been waiting for you! I feel like my animals are my biggest luxury and none of them are pedigree... . I know how much work it is with this gang, and I know having a horse is so much more work. But it is like gaining a wonderful family member, and such good exercise! The barn has been a lifesaver for my daughter who is 12. She was really struggling socially at school last year, so having that oasis, doing something she loves, was such a gift. When she had a bad day she would say "I just want to go ride". Being 3rd generation alcoholic (my mother and her mother), I am really conscious of the fact that she reaches for healthy outlets when stressed. It makes me happy to think that she is at an age where her neural pathways are really setting patterns, and for her to find an escape in something as healthy as riding is wonderful.

Animals are all about the present, they don't live in the past or the future, so being around them is so centering. I can't wait to hear about your new horse!