View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 11:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
2ndhandrose
under new management

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post

She passed on my 5 year sobriety birthday which I will forever believe was not a coincidence.

Although I wouldn't wish my tragedy on my worst enemy I have grown and my sobriety stronger than it ever has been. I thought I would post a few things I have learned.
  1. There is no problem alcohol won't make worse
  2. Hard times are something we must go through. There simply are no short cuts
  3. There are many reasons to drink. Some would say even some good ones but we all know where that first drink will lead us which is the black hole of alcoholism
  4. The time to have a sobriety plan in place is before you need it
  5. Lean on people. They want to help so let them
  6. There are many many days where simply getting out of bed is a huge accomplishment.
  7. Keep doing whatever you have been doing that has kept you sober no matter how much you just want to crawl in a hole and die
  8. If you have a God in your life pray
  9. Use professional help

Today I'm still very sad but I'm able to experience joy as well. I discovered you can be happy and sad at the same time. My 8 year anniversary is coming up and the 3 year anniversary of her death so I'm thinking about what a journey this has been.
(((MIRecovery)))

Both your post and your sobriety honour your daughter's life.

You have touched many lives by sharing yourself here at SR and your daughter will be thought of by many people today.