Old 05-01-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
YoungHyde25

Smile Update on my situation: Things are looking up finally

As some people on here may know, I was desperately looking for work a few weeks ago and having a tough time with it. I'm glad to say that I finally have 2 jobs. Today I was hired for my 2nd job, at a restaurant which I will work at during the nights. A week ago, I was hired at a front desk position during the day. One year ago today, I had wrecked my car, it was just 1 day after I was fired for going into work drunk. It was a terrible time, because I felt like I lost everything.

I’m glad that I’ve lived to see this day. This has been something I’ve planned for a very long time. Way back when I 1st got my DUI, the plan was to get 2 jobs. Start saving up and pretty much start over. I thought things would work out a little sooner, but I’m glad they worked out the way they did.

An accident (getting hit by a car) put my back a few months. I had 2 jobs lined up back in March, or so I thought. 1 was at a clothing store in the mall, another at the restaurant I was training at before my accident. The clothing store decided not to hire me because of a background check, they didn’t tell me I just got a long booklet in the mail with papers about my criminal history and some letter saying they were considering taking back the offer for employment. It was a very low paying job so I wasn’t really upset. Then the manager at the restaurant I was at before my accident kept stringing me along. He kept saying he would hire me and made it seem like he had a job for me, but never got back to me.

It hurted, because I was depending on them for work, I felt so defeated. I got so upset, I decided that no matter what I wasn’t going to give up. I made a list of hotels around my area, and called them all. 7 out of the 17 places I called were hiring. I applied online at 4 of the 7 who were hiring, and 1 got back to me in the same day. I was interviewed and hired on the spot. That was a week ago.

Then yesterday I get an email from a restaurant that they wanted to interview me. The manager set it for today. I was a bit nervous and unprepared because I had an exam today, but I went with it. And I was hired on the spot again. Both jobs pay very well. I’m a bit nervous about getting too tired, but I’m pretty sure I can do it. Just wanted to update everyone about my situation. I honestly never thought things would turn around like this for me. I plan on saving up as much money as I can. I hope things work out.