View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
CanadianRose

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
insert seriously inappropriate snickering on my part. lordy, that is definitely QUACK worthy. and such a load of crap.

ah yes, the day after the day after. i totally felt that but hank - geez - he'd just swan dive into the cesspool of despair and crawl around the bottom with it. but then come day 3 and suddenly it's all hey, that wasn't so bad, heck i'm feeling pretty darn good actually. and then the VOICE says........well then maybe we should get a little, eh? yeah yeah we should!! and we'd be making the call, convinced it will be different THIS time. and it was different all right, just not different BETTER.........different worse.

stand firm, dear Dee. review your plan B.
Even I found that pretty funny amidst the sadness and anger, lol.

Good lord your feedback is helpful! Just understanding the cycle is huge! When he first relapsed, it looked just like that. He binged and then felt terrible and so depressed about it. Then 3 or 4 days go by and he's acting happier and he binged again, felt terrible about it. 2 to 4 more days, etc. After I first kicked him out, he abstained for a month before going at it again. Despair again, and he was pretty much fine for a week before he struggled hard again and lost to it two weeks later. Truthfully, I expect him to be depressed and thinking about recovery tonight and maybe tomorrow and then it'll start working on him again. I don't expect him to actually tackle this. I expect him to keep using and I expect me to be getting out of here within a month and a half, during which time hopefully he'll be out of here while I pack so that I can do it peacefully. It's not what I want, but it's what I expect.