View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
merhaba

Hi Ituvia

I am facing the fact that what seemed to mean so much to our loving/devoted alcoholics very soon becomes history as they move on through the maze of addiction.

I am in Vietnam and my AH has gone back to Turkey where our home and pets are. I found myself amazed that he has not once gone to visit them ask the people looking after them if they are ok ...he professed to love those animals and indeed he took great care of them at one time...now they are as nothing to him.
Mind you the children he raised from age 4 & 9 now aged 16 & 21 have not heard a word from him either. We have all been consigned to history. An email he sent to for a job here said he was single and he told his new friends he had no wife and no children...but then he claimed he had resigned from 2 jobs when in fact he was fired for drinking. They create new world's and live in them. What a sad, lonely existence.
Of course on the surface they look good - drinks, parties, women, playing the big men or the poor victim of a horrible ex (us). I wasted ten good years putting up with all kinds of carp from this man - but at least I won't be wasting the next ten....and neither will you.
Big hugs to you and your dogs