View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I will email Bill ~ sorry.
Dear,dear Suze: Thank you so much! You seem to be so happy with your garden and your new life. I was so worried! I have grown so fond of you and your happiness makes all the difference for me. Perhaps we shall meet, perhaps not but I want you to know that I admire you so much for the stamina and determination with which you have survived the challenge of making a new life with the help of Nick, who seems like such a wonderful man. Now all you need add is Willow. Somewhere she is waiting for you! Perhaps I can come out and see you two. But travel is a big challenge for me now and a one day trip from Boston to Washington was very difficult If I am to live longer or not be disabled in some way I must take care.
We are now working hard on our garden. Lots of lilies, a wonderful rhododendron, iris, azaleas galore, Kwan San Cherry, Japanese Lilac, Korean Dogwood, A giant elm I planted 15 years ago, now sixty feet high (so called Princeton Elm, hopefully not susceptible to Dutch Elm Disease). I have written a poem about it based on Thomas Gray's Elegy in a Country Churchyard.
All the best to you and Nick and, hopefully to Willow, very soon!

Fondly, forever

Bill and Boswell (friendly sniff and tail wag)