View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
carlingford

Masking Depression with Alcohol

Hi Everyone I am about 130 days sober, I went to the doc and told him about the constant brain fog and not wanting to get out of bed in the morning and generally being in a cranky mood most of the time, slightly dizzy, denationalisation, repetitive thinking about past events etc etc and just feeling crap generally. I asked him to renew my campral prescription and he asked was I craving alcohol and I said no, he said that the drinking was possibly masking the depression and anxiety I was having. He said I was suffering from depression, I was kinda taken aback and asked him was the medications addictive and he said no. Anyway taking my doctors advice I begun the prescription, 1 tablet 50 mg a day in the morning, first week was great and felt the fog had lifted and had more energy. then the side effects came a week later, severe low energy and just wanted to sleep during the day and coming to life at night and cannot sleep, I have other side effects still at 25 days like passing gas, low appetite, mild headaches on and off fatigue. I try and get a walk everyday and eat good but sometimes hard exercising when you have no energy. I am supposed to go back to work in 2 weeks time and just hope the tablets click in before then otherwise . Just wondering if anyone had experience of ssris at 25 days or am I still suffering PAWS, Its really dragging on and don't know whether to quit the ssris or give another while. I will go back to doc after next week if no change and see what he says, he might up the dose or change or stop, also I am very worried about quitting the ssris say 6 months down the line and still having the depression /anxiety after that time, will I be on they pills for life. Any experiences similar greatly appreciated as I am new to these types of drugs. Imagine, I was masking the depression with alcohol and became addicted to it, what a load of crap and sorry I was not diagnosed before I became addicted to Alcohol, what a bag of ****. Thanks. Sorry for long post.