View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
10r

Originally Posted by SoberTyger View Post
Do you guys have any advice how to deal with holding onto your job in early recovery. I go back to work next week and i am very worried. I know my mind and body will not be 100% up and running, and i worry about dealing with stressed situations and how to stay focused and concentrate and avoid doing too many mistakes.
I am pretty new in my current job and I am afraid work related stress and problems could push me towards relapse. This happened to me before when i lacked concentration and made silly mistakes at work which pushed me to pick up some drinks on the way home to dull the stress and regret.
I too am going back to work only after day 7. I'm taking a supplement from the health food store called GAB(I left out the last letter because I don't think I'm supposed to promote products). It helps relaxation and I'm finding no side effects. It seems to take the edge off a bit. It does say you shouldn't have alcohol with it though.
Eat healthy and keep focused and it shouldn't be too difficult to get through an 8 hour shift.