View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
digdug

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
First - belated congrats to Babs on a year. I too am goal oriented, so when I achieve a goal, I get down as well. So I just make sure there are always goals in the pipeline. Now go get another year! I'm already counting down until the big 5 lol. That's how much being sober means to me.

I finally did it. Cross off all my T's and dotted the I's for work. I am officially on my honeymoon vacation and we leave tomorrow. So excited, but also a bit nervous considering how much effort planning this whole thing has been (thanks to the special someone who helped us tremendously ). I just want things to go off without a hitch but I know that's probably not going to happen so I'll try to just take things in stride and enjoy the beauty that is St. Lucia.

Married life is good. Just like pre-married life but I get a shiny ring to play with. We've decided to continue with the marital counseling on a monthly basis. Not that anything is wrong. But it's good to have the opportunity to discuss tough issues with a professional and deal with things as they come, rather then let stuff fester up over the years. I actually enjoy therapy.

On a personal note - thinking about making a change with my job. Some stuff has come up at the firm level regarding cutting of compensation and benefits that directly affects me. I'm due for a major promotion in July but am nervous about what my base and bonus will look like. It may not be worth all the 70 hours weeks and travel. We'll see. I already have my ear to the ground for outside opportunities.

See you guys in mid-May!