View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

Hi newhope,

In AV terms, I believe the statement, "I been thinkin-bout-drinkin" actually is correctly stated, 'my AV has been screaming for a drink, and I am incorrectly attributing my AV as being 'Me' thinkin-bout-drinkin". It may seem like a subtle difference, but it is actually the crux of AVRT.

For me, after drinking for 40 years, I could recognize all this, but I had deeply reinforced 'automatic behaviors' that operated on a much more insistent and deep-rooted drive that propelled me to that drink, regardless of what I could play in my mind (or not even be able to play thru in my mind).

It wasn't until I got a 'separation level' between 'Me' and those deep-rooted 'automatic drive behaviors' that I was able to utilize the recognition of 'my AV'.

It only happened for me thru working the 12 Steps, after a long time of gut-wrenching, face-in-the-asphalt struggling. Many other people have the ability to just get the AVRT technique in operation, and get free from their drinking. Maybe I am just too weak-willed (wink), or was too far gone. I do know that for anyone that seems 'too far gone', Working the Steps will absolutely bring freedom. I have seen it in numerous people that were as 'hopeless' (or pathetic ?) as I was.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW Anyone Can B 2