View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Duffster

Phoenix, you never cease to amaze me with your determination and strength. I can't compare what we're going through but I have broken down more than once and I want to tell you that I've thought of you and what you've been through and how hard you are working and how you are moving forward and rebuilding. Well, not to get all emotional but I admire you and you are an inspiration to me.

I had a hard time the last few days, probably the worst days of my life. I felt major "grief" over going from being a full-time mom to half a mom. I know! Still a mom but having my kids half time. I did not manage it well BUT I allowed myself to feel it. I truly grieved my old life and I am actually proud of myself that I didn't try to squelch it - I literally let myself feel the pain and sadness and anger and I came out on the other side. I know it's a process! I know that there will be more painful moments, but I'll be ready to face them head on. I guess that's life, right? We all have pain and we all have to work through it. I believe it's called being human.

Toots, that's a lot. For you and your mom. I hope you do get to go to Spain next week. Caregivers need to look after themselves first. You've got a lot on your plate and you need a little break and a little hubby time.