View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 02:08 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hi Sugarangel! So glad to see you've made it back!

Any day w/o using is a day to celebrate. Just keep adding those days together!

Here's something to read to help you get rid of those ants.

The very best way of eliminating ants is truly simple:
Use 1 empty water bottle (Cut it down to about 2" tall)
Take a small amount of powdered sugar, and mix it with an equal amount of baking soda. Next stir in a bit of water to make a paste.
Powdered sugar is essential. (You cannot use the larger grains of sugar for this.)
Place small amounts of the mixture against the walls or other areas where you would not normally walk but where you would normally see the ants. The ants will be attracted to the sugar, and will eat some of it, and collect more to take home to feed others, so all of them will get their share. The sugar and baking soda powders are similar in size, and once mixed together, the ants cannot separate the two items. As they eat the sugar, they will also ingest the baking soda, which they would otherwise never touch. This is the reason for using powdered sugar. Once the ants eat the baking soda it will react with the formic acid, in their stomachs, and cause gas. The bodies of ants are unlike humans, and they cannot eliminate gas, so it will build up inside them, and cause them to literally explode. DON'T LOSE THIS!

There is a reason you keep using? You need to figure out what that reason is and stop it! You had a lot of clean days under your feet before you decided to use again. What was that reason?

There's nothing glamourous about using or anything poetic either. The hard cold facts is what you need to write down in your descriptions. You aren't only writing down these answers for Kay? You're also writing down things for yourself to read later. I'm sure that's why Kay wants you to write them down. It's your chart in life she wants you to see.

Appliances breakdown! Ants enter our homes! As well as many other bugs, mice, rats, etc. They too are looking for a warm dry house to build in. Our homes also smell of food! If you hadn't been using and still had those 40+ days of clean time? You could have managed the problems with a much clearer way of thinking. At least I would have!

As a Recovering Addict myself? IK there are reasons and things that caused me to think of using to deal with them. Or at least that happened in my early recovery days. I don't anymore! I personally would hate to be messed up on the pills now. I can deal with problems in so much an easier way of thinking now that I'm almost 3 yrs clean. I too was exactly where you are many days ago. I fought my way on an hourly basis to survive my early days of not using to get to where I am now.

I made the decision to stay OFF the pills due to how they were ruining my life. No matter what it takes Sugarangel! You have to find that desire in yourself to stay off the drugs. I can't tell you what it's going to take, because as individuals we have to find that fight within ourselves.

Wishing you the best!

TOD