View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 12:03 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
We get to ride anything, anytime. My favorite:

I want on! I want it for Spain.

Babs I haven't been sleeping great, mostly its waking up to mums cough several times a night, she had one really bad attack in the early hours. I have had to come to terms with my own long term bouts of insomnia. Due to my drinking, I never realised quite how bad it gets. I do know that while drinking put me out, the quality of sleep I got was not restorative. And then there are the other aspects that come with the nightcap! No, better to listen to a sleep app and hope for the best!

Mum was up for most of yesterday which is a big result, but her convalescence is going to be slow as it has completely wiped her out. On the plus side, dad is doing much better, his catheter is out, he is getting daily physio and feeling much better in himself. He is somewhat delusional about what he thinks mom will be capable of doing for him ( a frail seventy nine year old pushing a 290lb -21 stone- man around a carpeted house?!!!) I keep trying to get him to understand she will not be able to do anything for him, so if he wants to be at home rather than respite care he needs to be working harder. He is very self absorbed, and sees nothing wrong in constantly calling her from wherever she is in the house for something insignificant. This has warn her down over the years. He blames looking after my dog and her golf. - both things that she needs to get her out the house and away from his constant 'me,me,me'!