View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BetterNow2017

Originally Posted by Hulkamaniackd View Post
Im at the point where I think I'm thinking about the potential "anxiety" or stress relief practices so much that I'm giving myself anxiety.
A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior.

The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behavior which makes the original false conception come true. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning.

I know where your at been there. My worry about anxiety would cause it.

I used to get anxiety from hell in the AA meetings in the beginning. The biggest breakthrough is when I learned it is OK to just walk out instead of sitting there watching the clock feeling like I am going to die. Once I knew no one really noticed or cared that I walked out and I knew escape was possible then the anxiety went down. I almost quit going, screw that I am not getting stuck in a room of people with anxiety real bad. I was not stuck just walk out.