View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

YG.....Welcome to the forum!
This is a great place for you to begin to learn about alcoholism and co-dependency and to get support for the effects that loving alcoholic can have on your life.
Most people don't know very much about alcoholism...even those who have lived with/in it their whole lives....
Check out the "stickies" at the top of the front page..above the threads....
Read the one called "Classic Readings"....there is a lot of material...lol...it would help to read a few articles each day....
I suggest that you begin with the one titled _"10 ways to know id your addict or alcoholic is full of crap".....that one is a good yardstick to measure where he is in term of seriousness about recovery....
Also....I suggest the articles on the way the alcoholic mind works...by Floyd P. Garrett, M.D......this website: Papers on Addiction and Recovery
You might benefit from the articles ...."The Alcoholic's dilemma "...."Addiction, Lies, and Relationships"....."excuse Alcoholics Make"....

This lets you knew what you are up against....

I think you did the right thing by leaving....
Do not allow your pity rescue him from the natural consequences of his drinking.....he needs to face it on his own....If you rescue him, that would be enabling him.....it would make you feel better, but, it would feed straight into his denial....and, that is not good, because he already has enough denial on his own.....Alcoholism is called the disease of denial....