View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by StartAnew68 View Post
Oh, I'm a sentimental old fool - that just bought tears to my eyes! What a lovely post, and proof to us all that there battling this disease is really worth it.

5:15am in the UK and I shouldn't be up yet. I had a bad night's sleep Tuesday night and then got a call at 9:30am asking me to go somewhere to do 3 days trial for a job - and could I be there at 10:30am.

Oh yes, I was there by 10:30am. Didn't learn much as the lady I was working for was out from 10:45am to 4:45pm but I did as she asked, got a feel for the place, made a note of questions. All of which I think impressed her. I stayed on until 6pm (meant to finish at 5pm) to have a look at computer systems etc.

We're close in age, have the same ethos on work etc. I may be jumping the gun but I am 99% sure that Friday night she will ask me to stay on . The job will start as temporary with the intention of going permanent so I'll be employed by the agency initially (which is great as I'll get weekly pay at first and my bank account is empty) BUT this woman has the drive to really build the company and I want to be part of it.

And THAT'S why I can't sleep, the excitement of what may lay ahead.

4.5 months ago I lost everything, literally everything. Now, the future is looking extremely bright.

So, to cut a very long story short - another 24 for me please.
Wishing the very best for you, StartAnew - so exciting!!!!