Thread: 6 months sober
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DesertDawg

Hey Indo,

I've never used anything except alcohol, but on a certain level, addiction is addiction, right? I certainly have days that I don't feel like getting out of bed, maybe not to the same extent as you, but still. When I stopped drinking, I had a lot of extra time to fill (not drunk or hungover) and I found that staying in my "comfort zone" did sort of promote the same patterns of thinking. Only when I started to step out of that comfort zone did I begin to start seeing some growth. Forcing myself to do things that I would previously just blow off, even routine things like errands, became little victories. Either way, the thing I kept in the back of my mind is that no matter how bad I felt, drinking would only make it worse. Sometimes you just have rough days, other days are better. When were drinking or using, we're always trying to escape pain, or feel better or different. But that's not how real life works. Sometimes you ARE tired, you ARE bored, you ARE sad...but nothing is forever. Just seeing those days through, sober, day after day, is what builds us up in sobriety.

Good luck to you, friend!