Old 04-25-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Tertor

Something that happened

Hi All,
Like many on here, the AV has been giving me a run for my money. At work yesterday, a collleague came to work distraught. Her brother-in-law, who had distanced himself from the family through his own choice, had died from cirrhosis of the liver. They hadn't even known he had it until he was hospitalized in his last days. I gues he had been quite the closet drinker. They're are all devastated and are feeling guilty, wishing they had known so they could try to intervene. Watching her grief and listening to her was hard. She of course did not know she was actually talking to a closet alocoholic. I knew that they nothing they could have done would have stopped him if he didn't want to stop himself. And I was so sad at the waste through death of this person, only 45, whom I didn't even know, leaving behind so many who loved him and maybe never realizing that himself. And I vowed that I would learn from this and his story would not become my future. And then I came home and in spite of all that, I really wanted a drink. Isn't that AV soooo tricky and persistent? It tried to tell me that one more night of drink wouldn't hurt my liver that much. I posted through the cravings last night and will do the same tonight. I am so glad to have found this forum. Thanks for listening. May we all beat the voice.